RACE TO SUCCESS

Hello...
     Over the weekend I had an interview with the delectable, charming and fun lady, Miss Joy, the winner of MODELS ON THE ISLAND AFRICA 2017.... Relax and enjoy the ride as we go through her success story.

PROFILE

Name: Joy Oyakhiomen

Height: 5.6
Weight: 45kg
State: Edo state
Occupation: Student and Model
Favorite Quote: Queens don't compete, they simply claim their victory with grace, elegance and poise.
IG: @joy_oyakhiomen

Tell us about yourself..

     I'm Oyakhiomen Joy, from the native of Uzzeba, Owan local government, Edo state. I'm the second child and first girl out of five children, that is three boys and two girls. I'm a 300 level student of Ambrose Alli university, Accounting by discipline. 
I'm from a Christian home, I reside in Ugheli, Delta state, though I was born in my hometown but relocated due to the nature of my dad's job.
Describing myself in one sentence, I would say "I'm a cool, calm collected tiny girl" (chuckles)

How did you start modelling?

     I have always had a passion for modelling right from when I was little, I took the bold step last year 2016 and early this year, I registered for MODELS ON THE ISLAND 2017 and with the grace of God, I emerged the winner. It was during the model camp I learnt lots of things on modelling, It was so educative and a remarkable experience.



How did it feel winning MODELS ON THE ISLAND AFRICA?

   (smiles) hmmm... When I was announced winner I couldn't contain the joy, I started crying. Among 100 contestants I came out the winner, it was a thing of joy. People may call it luck but I call it Grace, the fact I got the form on the last day of registration was enough to thrill me, it's been God from start to finish. 

What were the challenges you faced and how did you overcome them?

     I'm a student, so it wasn't easy for me balancing both and also when I was in the camp, I was like the smallest, I'm not so tall and I was the only one on a low haircut, I felt inferior, everyone kept thinking I was a baby and all.
Despite these, I knew why I was there, i was determined, I focused on everything, from the lecture, personal presentations, media test and so on, i made sure I did my best.


So what have you benefited since you won?

      Oh I won a car! ( laughs) and five hundred thousand naira, I also got the chance to be interviewed on TV, newspapers for the first time ever, like Punch, Vanguard, This point, new telegram, Nigerian tribune newspaper, This day, where i talked about a lot of things and also about models not been prostitute.





Please can you expatiate on that statement "models not been prostitute"


         Okay.... Well in the days of  our mothers, they had the notion that models were prostitutes and did their best to make sure none of their children became one. The truth is they are not, yes there are corrupt ones in the industry but not all sleep around and it also depends on getting a good agency. I want to make a shutout to my agency Twin Image Concept which is the best and my bosses, boss Emma and Joseph Etim Okon, they have tried a lot and brought out the best in me since my reign.


So what are you working on as the reigning Queen?


        I am working on a project for widows in my community. Most Queens focus on less privileged children forgetting the widows, I intend to start a skill acquisition program for some weeks for the widows and when they are done, provide them with capital to start something profitable for them and their families.


So what's next for you?

        I intend to hold a pageantry in my university Ambrose Alli university,  that will be coming up very soon and some others. I would inform you when I start them.


What are your hobbies?


      Dancing, trying new recipes, make up and hair dressing.


What is your advice to upcoming models 


       My advice to young aspiring models is to stand up and walk into your dreams, stop waiting for the right time because the right time is NOW.

    So there we have it guys, I hope it was fun reading and knowing more about the beautiful queen and her wonderful personality, thank you Joy, it was so much fun doing this interview.

One more thing dear readers... At any opportunity you get, don't be scared to chase your dreams just like our guest did. Diligence and Dedication pays!

For more photos please check her page, stated above ...

                    ***************

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth About Tom Mcmurrian Of Coin MD

Happy New Month!! November 2018