KITCHEN SQUABBLES



                                

             So my friend had visited and decided we make white rice and stew. This is one of the Nigerian food I really like. The stew wasn’t prepared with the normal vegetable oil, I prepared it with palm oil, I love the taste of a palm oil stew. 

Ingredients: 

4 cups of uncooked rice
Palm oil (quantity varies), 2 onions,tomatoes and pepper (tatashe, rodo) 2 smoked Titus fish, crayfish, Pomo, Maggi star (2), salt, fresh ugu leaves. 
For your information, I don’t know how to give measurements for cooking 🙈 like say um, “one teaspoon of this.., 5ml of that… ” I just use my initiative, and taste a lot too,  to know if I need to add more or nothing, though I know with time as I keep updating this site, I will learn to. So back to the food 😊😊🍲
Put a clean  pot on the stove/gas, wait for it to dry. 
Then add your palm oil, leave it to bleach (ferment)  then add your sliced onions, it fries a little, mind you if you leave it, it turns the onions blacks because the oil is already too hot. 
Add your grinded pepper and tomatoes, leave for about 20/25 minutes to fry properly, the point where the oil is on top of the pepper and tomatoes. If it’s not very dried you won’t get the unique taste I got, so you might have to be really patient just in case it takes a little longer. 
Add a little water, I like my stew thick, it would have been better with meat stock, but my money reach for only fish 😩😁   Add your seasoning cubes, salt, crayfish, pomo and Titus fish too. Leave to cook a little while, then add your freshly cut ugu leaves, lower the heat of your gas or stove, your palm oil stew is ready, no particular name actually 😊😊 
Serve with already cooked white rice, serve hot. I like it hot 😂 😊😊🍜🍜🍜and chilled drinks🍻🍻🍻.
Delicious!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth About Tom Mcmurrian Of Coin MD

Happy New Month!! November 2018