One on One with Mascoteda!

Hello😁

One of the phenomenal things about life is its ability to give one challenges at every level of ones' life. It never fails to do this.😊 It's left to us to face them head strong and come out, champions!
Today we are meeting a goal getter!
She is beautiful, talented, fun, a great thinker, entrepreneur, the list goes on.
Relax and enjoy as we journey into her world together 😊

PROFILE

Name: Mabel Okoye
State of origin: Edo State
Date of Birth: May 21st
Favourite quote: Never give up, always rise each time you fall
Occupation: Makeup Artist/ Body painter



Instagram:@mascoteda
                    @beautybymascoteda
Facebook: Mascoteda Creative Studio

Tell us about yourself


I hail from Edo state and married to an Anambra man with two sons. I studied Geography and Regional Planning at Ambrose Alli University. Presently I work as a makeup artist for Mascoteda Creative Studio.


What intrigued you to go into make-up?


Make-up was the next best thing to painting on canvas (smiles) I grew up to love art, and found myself doing a lot of it while in school. I didn't get to study it because my parent thought it wasn't an ideal course. After Youth Service in 2008, no job was fourth coming, the idea to add a skill came up among my siblings, one of them mentioned "Makeup" and I got hooked (smiles)
Simple but Breathtaking
Make-up by Mascoteda




How did Beauty at Mascoteda start?


Well after my training with House of Tara Int. in 2009, I  was still too shy to sell my business, so I got a job instead with an NGO. One year later, I realised I wasn't cut out for it, I quit and started my business from my bunk bed with my phone (chuckles) I began sending in beauty tips for the everyday woman, every morning on BBM and the request to do makeovers started coming in. My bunk bed became too small to operate a business from, so I got a small space to help me meet my customers needs.

322 road, off 3rd Avenue, Gwarimpa, Gwarinpa900211, Abuja



What were the challenges?


Haa! Lots and lots of challenges. Well to mention but a few, for a person doing business for the first time, it wasn't that easy.  At that early stage I thought my major challenge was finance but thinking about it now, I think it was the day to day management of the business, keeping records, to sum it up managerial skills was the key challenge and then finance.


Can you tell us more about beauty at Mascoteda, apart from make ups, what else is involved?


Apart from makeup we are into sales of cosmetics, body painting and kids party face paint.



Have you ever done anything major with beauties at mascoteda?


We worked as the official makeup artist for Miss Heritage Nigeria 2011, MBGN 2012 make-up artist Nigerian Centenary 2014 exhibited as a body painter, just a few to mention.

MBGN 2012
Isabella Ayuk

Miss Heritage Nigeria 2011


How do you combine family and being an entrepreneur


Not easy at all but i learnt to balance both. I mostly work on my business at night, that's the intellectual part.

What is your driving force?


My kids. (Smiles)

What do you hope to achieve in the years to come through what you do?


My aim is to be a part of the change in the beauty industry in Nigeria, to have impacted positivity in creating ideas for the evolution of makeup in our country.


Advice to other upcoming youths


Success can be acheived with positive mind, stay positive with hard work.

Thank you so much!
It has been an enlightenying and lovely time with you Mrs Mabel Okoye. We look forward to more greatness from you!
Indeed it takes a smart person to run a business.
No matter your line of business, whatever it maybe, work hard, learn and research more on your field, be dynamic and most of all be yourself. YOU is original.

See more photos of her work below




For more photos please vist her social media pages


***

Your commts bring out the beauty in my post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth About Tom Mcmurrian Of Coin MD

Happy New Month!! November 2018