A Rare Thinker and Entrepreneur - Meet The CEO of SPOTROOT


Hello😊

Today I'm introducing to you someone who I consider a great thinker, young, handsome, ambitious and a full bred entrepreneur. He is effortlessly influential when he speaks.
Sit back relax and enjoy!
This is one interview you would want to have a notepad close by.

Name: Akahara Chukwudi David Okechukwu
Date of birth: 11th of November
State: Abia
Occupation: Chief Programmer At ELOKSWARE LIMITED and the FOUNDER and CEO of SPOTROOT
Social media handles: Twitter: Primeloopie, Instagram: Primeloop

Tell us more about yourself?

I'm a Christian, being one with God means a lot to me. I am the second kid from my family, I have an elder brother and a younger sister, both parents are alive and thankful. I'm a people person and an active thinker, which has led me to many self discoveries that I've chosen to keep to myself, I studied electrical and electronics engineering at a university in Cyprus, it was an interesting part of my life. Growing up I realized the world was made up of two kinds of people, the producers and the consumers, or the creators and the users, one has to fit into either or both classes, and from my 7th age I decided to cling more to the producers side.
I grew to know how to draw, dance, act, sing, write codes, design graphics, produce music and more, although I have lost little touches in most of these skills I believe I can rekindle them anytime as they have all contributed and shaped my mind and the way I perceive this world. (Smiles)


What Inspired the Idea of the app SpotRoot?

I did a research on human psychology sometime ago, I was trying to figure out why people reasoned the way they did, what factors affected the thinking and decision making process of humans, although there are a lot of books and articles on this, I still decided to figure it out on my own, and it's really simple, we become what we think, and we can only think what we have consumed more often by our senses, there is a reason the Bible asks us to meditate on the word of God day and night, because whatever we feed our mind more, is what we speak or act or believe, the saying that practice makes perfect is another proof of how what we see or hear affects what we become. So the idea of spotroot is to take advantage of this findings, to build and grow a more intelligent generation where everyone is hungry to learn from others or teach others valuable lessons about everything they need to be more constructive, creative and innovative.



The social media and networks would have addressed this issue since they have the attention of the larger masses, but we end up consuming more information on other people's lives and negative news because everything else is boring, which if applied to the rules I stated earlier is only growing a generation that wants to be like the online personalities they have been following and also filled with fear of one danger or the other, infact going towards this direction has made intellectual information seem like a task to complete.
Spotroot is a platform that uses entertaining tools to engage users into sharing information that really matters, which would impact a huge positive difference in the growing generation. 

So how does Spotroot app work?

Very simple (smiles) 
One has to go to www.spotroot.com, it should take you to download the app on play store after which you need to sign up.
Spotroot are for two types of people, people who want to know more and people who want to share more, logging into spotroot, you would see rich information, users of different interests have shared, you can easily click any topic that catches your attention and watch a short clip or slide about it.

The posts made in spotroot uses audio visuals to make sure the information makes full impact in a users mind, and implants triggers that makes any user recall information they have consumed on spotroot even more easily, we used some psychological tools to make sure information sticks. (smiles) One can share a knowledge by creating or selecting a topic we call pills, then creating a slide or video based on that topic, a slide uses maximum of 10 photos with audio or video narration to relay information to other users, while a video uses a clip and background music to do the same.

If you don't find information on what you are looking for, you can easily create a topic and leave it for others to help you out with the explanation.
Further more, you can share interactive queries with friends and family, which are personal questions constructed to get valuable feedback to the user who shared it. It's all fun and entertainment with value on spotroot. (smiles)

What were the challenges you encountered developing this app?


Hmm.. developing  the app was a bit challenging, the challenges were more on what should I add now? Or what should I remove? I had over 14 features I wanted to build spotroot with, some were not really relating to the point of the app but were supposed to represent the business ends of the project, some were a bit complex as they used machine learning algorithms that I didn't know how to explain it to the team working under spotroot, and some of the features would have lingered the project for over a year before launch.

The major challenges we had was after launching the app with the mvp version.
It was a bit difficult to get the Nigerian users to adapt to the system or understand what we are trying to do, even a small team we hired to create contents bailed over time because the app wasn't compatible with their device or they were not simply motivated to take on the tasks as content creators.


How have you overcome all these?



We ran some experiments after our experiences a month after launching the app and we came up with adjustments that would fix the problem of gaining some traction. We 
had to change the GUI of the app to make it simpler to use and understand. We s

ent the app to developers and content creators of different categories who are good with their skills, we wanted feedbacks on their experience using the app and suggestions on what would make them use it more often, it was quite some positive feedback, we were on the right track. In fact few days from now, we will be relaunching the app again, but this time, we will already have all the users we have established relationships with to using it professionally attracting their fan base as well.


Great! So is SpotRoot universal or is it Nigerian based?

Spotroot is universal, but we need it to be massively adopted by Nigerians before we can show other regions, how beneficial it's been for us. There are chances we might relaunch in USA and Nigeria this time, since we have some USA representatives. 


So apart from being a serious minded business man, what do you do for fun?


Oh well (smiles)
I love to watch conspiracy theories, it's funny but it broadens my mind, you need to see how people relate things that have no connection in these kind of movies. I love to draw and doodle when there is no internet connected device (chuckles)
I love to travel and explore new places, although I've not been able to do that in a while because of work. I also love to read and study about psychology, machine learning and the Bible. Apart from that I do a lot of regular things (smiles)



So is there a Mrs Dave?

(Laughs) No Mrs Dave yet, but that's a milestone I'd reach soon.


Where do you see yourself and spotroot in the next few years?

I have over 8 projects that will be quite disruptive globally in the tech ecosystem, and I certainly see myself launching them all in the next few years, Spotroot would have grown exponentially as a knowledge sharing platform and a business, we are projecting over 10million active users in 2 years!

Working with people can be a bit exhausting most times, so how has it been working with your spot root team?


The Spotroot team has been quite together, like you said working with people can be exhausting, the Spotroot team was put together after most of the work had been done, so it was a bit difficult explaining to most of the team members the entire vision of the company and how they can really come in, decision making wasn't as flexible as I had thought, almost everyone was waiting to be assigned what to do  or how to do it, I had imagined a team where everyone understands, suggested or acted to the benefits of the company on their own, but we have grown past that, our communication is better and we all have a clear understanding of what we want to achieve. (Smiles)


Wow thank you David! It's been a great pleasure and a wonderful time with a great thinker and entrepreneur. 
Always remember Education is not the learning of facts but the training of the mind to think.
Sweat your minds today!
Have a wonderful day ahead!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth About Tom Mcmurrian Of Coin MD

Happy New Month!! November 2018