Brief Interview With The CEO of Dé CHAYIL Footwears!


Hello,

           I trust you all are doing great! Today we would be getting a peek into the life of this amazing and talented young lady, who has taken the Nigerian shoemaking industry to a whole new level! She is the CEO of Dé CHAYIL FOOTWEARS.

Omoye Abulimen

Name: Omoye Abulimen
Date of birth: 25th September
State: Edo
Occupation: Footwear designer
Social media handle: IG @alorhhs_chayil


What prompted your love for shoemaking?
             I've always loved shoes, I got curious about how it was made. So I decided to learn.
 Dé Chayil

 Dé Chayil collections

Was ShoeMaking your first choice of work?
       
Dé Chayil collections

Actually No it wasn't
     
How did you come about the brand name Dé CHAYIL and what is your motto?
            De Chayil was inspired by a book. It means wealthy warriors In Hebrew, my motto is "walking stars"

As of 1st December 2016, you officially launched Dé CHAYIL collections, How did it feel, and what were the first pairs you made?
           To be honest, I was really humbled, happy and very excited (smiles), because not a lot of businesses make it to a year. I started with 7 designs






As one of the most trending designers on Instagram, how would you describe doing business on social media
           Business on Social media is quite tough  and demanding, but you have to carve your niche






Starting up Dé CHAYIL, what were the challenges you faced?
           Oh well, there were a couple of them, but I think finance was a huge challenge and I was even duped in the beginning.



 You do have a university degree, would you say Youths of these days shouldn't go further with tertiary education, as lately, skills seems to be the way forward.
           Yes, I do, in human resources management from Bells University of Technology, Ota, Ogun state. Well, education distinguishes you from the uneducated. It's important

What do you love most about your productions (Dé CHAYIL)?
           I love positive reviews, I love referrals and I love sourcing for leathers


What would you prefer people knew about you, that they don't?
           I'd prefer people know I'm an extreme introvert  (chuckles) but everyone thinks I'm a social person. (smiles)


 Aside from making of shoes what do you do at leisure?
.            I enjoy reading books a lot (smiles)

 If you were to advise the youths of today, what would be your advice to them?
             Trust God, focus on you till the focus is on you & work smart!


Wow! Thank you so much Miss Omoye, it's been indeed a great pleasure having you on this platform.

I hope you had a great time, just like I did having this interview! Just like she said, focus on you, there is no better you, your uniqueness is what the world needs!

Till next time, Have a wonderful week ahead!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth About Tom Mcmurrian Of Coin MD

Happy New Month!! November 2018