Chronicles Of Life "A This Generation Point Of View" (3)




Chronicles Of Life "A This Generation Point Of View" (3)
by vosedegea

Being born into a family of civil servants, like mine, my dad a nurse and my mum a teacher, you already have this picture of role models, but any time we tell my mum, we would love to be teachers like her, she rebukes us saying "ah teacher reward na heaven e dey" but anyway that's on a lighter note.

The home is run like civil service.

Father:        The executive arm.
Mother:      The legislative arm and the judiciary.
Children:    uh...............we just there.

Our opinion doesn't even count, either in choice of school, clothing or food. I can't even get you started on the clothes, the clothes we wore were massive! I think the tailor and my parents were in cohort to ruin our fashion life.

I remember the Christmas of 1999, I don't know if either I or my siblings offended the tailor, I don't know if he used ten (10) yards to sew just a shirt for us, if I was thrown off a high rise building, I won't even have a scratch because I was basically wearing a parachute, I was still rocking that cloth till 2003, I never did outgrow that cloth, no matter how we complained we still got to wear them.

Growing up our vote or opinion didn't count, even in matters that affects the home, you can't give suggestions even when yours are better than that of your parents,
in this part of the world children are the minority of the house. Running a family business with my mum was fun, though we always took the fall for everything, the business was still a hit I won't lie, but it didn't last because my mum never listened to our advice as children.

When any advice comes from us it is treated with this response "do you know how long I have been in this business" or "what do you know about business" or " you are a small child you won't understand" and so many others, I guess your parents either had this same response line or something like it.

They call us children of this generation, so it means we know more about this generation than they do, but yet we get shun off anytime we try to give a "this generation idea" that might be useful. Growing up we all wanted to be part of the family decisions because it affected us also, most times we are the ones who suffer most from decisions they make. Mostly the only time we feel we are part of the family is when we hear our teacher in school teaching about family, that the family consists of father, mother and children, be it nuclear or polygamous, these three factors make up a family, but in reality we lived in a family made up of father and mother, children are just additions.






                                To be continued
                                           ***





Your comments bring out the beauty in our stories

Comments

  1. I can easily relate to this. Good Job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth About Tom Mcmurrian Of Coin MD

Happy New Month!! November 2018