Science Student, Osaze Making Massive Moves Being An Artist!

Hello.... 😊

          You know how they always say studying any medical course is like you giving up your social life for the books, well today we will be meeting a medical student with a healthy social life, lol, who is not just top notch in his academics but also in the Nigerian music industry.

PROFILE
Name: Osaze Omonkhegbe
Age: 22
State of origin: Edo state, Nigeria.
Height: 5.11
Favourite quote: You're Only As Good As You Know
Occupation: Student/Rap Artist/Stylist
IG: @sazzy_._
Fb: Osaze Monks
Twitter: @therealsazzy


Tell us about yourself?


Well, I'm Osaze Omonkhegbe, first son and child of my family, finished primary & secondary school which I never really liked until now (smiles). I have just one sibling. I am in 200 level studying Medical Labouratory Science (MLS) in Ambrose Alli university. Err!!! What else is there about me, I hate cheats, I love the truth and those who see it. That's pretty much all there is about me.



How did music start for you?


       You know many artists would say music started from a young age in the choir, blah blah blah (chuckles) That wasn't the story for me. First off as a kid I had interest in watching music videos, then overtime in my early teenage years I made a decision to be The World's Best Music Producer. I had role models like Calvin Harris, David Guetta and our very own Don jazzy (smiles) I was so so passionate that I wanted to enrol in a music school "Tenstrings" but Unfortunately for me, my dad declined. He hated the idea of his first and only son going into music, but that didn't derail me. I got online, got videos and tried to start, but my mini laptop was a bit of a block, because I couldn't install the music softwares in it. So I kept on pushing it, then one day, I asked myself, how all these big artistes write their songs, If they could why can't I? I have the passion just like them.


Were your parents supportive?

 
       Only my mum was supportive, like I said earlier my dad is more of a first child be a scholar kind of person.

How did you come about your first record label?


        I started out trying to learn. You see my music skills were never a talent, I wasn't born with this, It all came through endless hard work and the passion to learn and be better, that's how I got to this stage.... So overtime I became better. I did my first Nigerian song then, I gotta say, It was wackk! (Laughs) Yes it was, Like I said I got better over time. So when I got into school (Ambrose Alli University), I met Victory a.k.a Swaz during my first level, he clicked instantly, we were both ardent lovers of music. He told me he was in a music group, KlannsReality. I met the other guy involved too, Mzes, He makes the Instrumentals, he is really good. Well to cut the long story short, I joined KlannsReality. We later got a record deal which I cannot go into details now, but working in Klannsreality has been awesome and we're doing just fine.


Tell us about the song you released earlier this year?


      'STUNTIN' is the name of the song I released this year, I made it with my label mate Swaz, It was awesome, really awesome! It Paved the way for the contracts deal we had.

How was STUNTIN received both home and abroad?


      The song was huge! We got downloads from here in our school, some states here in Nigeria and as far as Canada and Turkey.
We also uploaded it in a popular site, notjustok.com, and within five days we got 500 downloads!

How do you combine being a medical student and an artist?


         It's so so so not easy, but then even when you love something so dear, you've got to learn to set your priorities right and it has been working pretty Good with me.


Should we expect more and when?


       Of course loads will be coming, I Just made a song with Swaz and Harry, both label mates. 'Grateful' that's the name. I would get the link across to you soon once we start promotions.

What is your advice to others?


      Stay true to your calling, don't look for help, get better, continue working on yourself and whatever it is you do and you'll see people wanting to associate with your line of art.
Thank you very much.
😊😊😊😊

There we go!
Well this just shows that despite your course of study, you can always achieve your dreams! All you need is hardwork and consistency.

Do have a lovely day ahead!

                               *****

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth About Tom Mcmurrian Of Coin MD

Happy New Month!! November 2018