Exclusive: Interview with Style blogger, Entrepreneur, Chatered account - Ndatse Ndomo

Hello....😊

     Today we are meeting a very interesting, fun and inspiring wonder woman. She is a free spirit and there is a lot to learn from her.
So please pardon us to take a bit of your time out of your busy schedule... Relax and enjoy!

Name: NdatseNdomo Happiness Okodi-Iyah.

Date of birth: November 27th
State: Akwa-Ibom
Occupation: General Manager Trainee In Hilton
Favourite quote:
1. Taking longer than others to arrive doesn't mean you've failed.
2. Life is a series of thousands of tiny miracles. Notice them.
Social Media Handles:
Instagram: @NdatseNdomo
Facebook:@NdatseNdomo
YouTube:@NdatseNdomo
Snapchat:@NdatseNdomo

Tell us more about yourself

I'm a really positive person and I believe in practicing gratitude. I believe in the power of the spoken word and how you talk to yourself to greatness, and you can achieve anything you put your mind to. Well I'm a General manager trainee with Hilton, which is called Hilton Elevator, I run a blog and a vlog as well, other than that I'm from a very close knit family.
I have always wanted to be a pilot and I still do (chuckles) I also believe in my alter ego, if I had one, I might be an actress or the next Oprah or Ellen - I have an innate passion for the media.
My hobbies are swimming, traveling and reading.




So did you try out piloting at any point?

No. I've never tried. When I left for my MBA, I was going to switch to Emirates Aviation and not tell my parents (smiles) uh but it was a lot more expensive and no scholarships were offered, so I couldn't.



You have quite an impressive number of degrees to your name... MBA, ACA and BSc, can you tell us more about them?

Okay I had Masters in Business Administration  in Finance "Magna cum laude" 2016, Association of Chartered Accountant in 2012, I started my university education before I was 16, so I had my Bachelor's degree In accounting from 2006 - 2010, in covenant university.



What were the challenges being so young at that age in the University and when you went further to get the others?

Studying in nigeria, asides the popular rules of no phones etc, in Convenant University, it was difficult studying something strange. I'd always been a science student. The challenge with getting so many degrees and certificates is that it is actually a difficult process. Nothing good is ever comes easy and learning can be a painful tasking process on the mind. Don't be deceived, its haaaaaard, (Smiles) but what keeps me going are my goals and innate hunger to succeed. Also one tip is doing what you love, it makes the learning process a lot easier and always look at the ends. Stay focused, choose your friends wisely, you'll need encouragement and a support system.





With the number of degrees you have, would you say tertiary education isn't really necessary, due to the fact that most individuals in the world today venture into other fields different from what they majored in the University?

I think tertiary education is relevant. Education is never lost, it empowers you  no matter what you do or become. It will only require more of your time for about 4-5 years and it doesn't stop you doing other things. Education and learning is a beautiful thing. I know people say Gates dropped out of college but he was at Harvard, which is not easy to get in to, and he knew for a fact he wouldn't need to, but how many Gates and Jobs do you have in the world? We all aspire to be greater than these people but you have nothing to lose being more educated while achieving your goals.


Apart from being a business guru, you have a vlog, tell us more about it.



On my blog I deal with inspiring my readers, finance and fashion.


On my vlog there's a lot of learning and motivation, chit chats with entrepreneurs and top level career bosses. I give some finance and life tips and I also do makeup and beauty vlogging.


What has been your achievement so far?

Alright... for me I would say my greatest achievement has been throwing myself out there and really opening my mind to opportunities. I also feel really happy that I was finally able to start my YouTube channel and not wait till I could have a full blown tv show, which by the way I have always dreamed about. Um...another achievement is becoming a chartered accountant at the age of 22 and magna cum laude in a difficult MBA at age 25. (Chuckles)




How did it feel winning the Phenomenal Nigerian Woman

Winning the Phenomenal Nigerian Woman for me was so overwhelming. I knew I had people who love and support my brand, but seeing it in action was really exciting (smiles) Also I felt really blessed because we are working on campaigns on giving back to the young female, and that's really what I love (smiles)



What is your advice to the others out there?

(Sighs) My advice would be live, be open minded, have a dream, make goals and never stop learning. Thank You (smiles)

Thank you so much! It's been a delightful and pleasurable time with you! Keep up the good work!
I hope this inspired you, like it did me..
Do have a great week ahead!



For more Info on Ndatse you can reach her through her social media handles.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth About Tom Mcmurrian Of Coin MD

Happy New Month!! November 2018